So, we're going to party, like it's your birthday!!!
Eleven days after her special day on December 21st, I finally have some time to post about the most epic event of the year. The Jungle Cub's FIRST BIRTHDAY!! Luckily for her, it was a two-day celebration and boy, did we have a blast!
It has been amazing to see the transformation of our beautiful daughter over the past year. From the moment our eyes met, she has fulfilled each day with laughter and a few frustrating moments sprinkled here and there. We knew right away that she possessed some strong characteristics. As she matures into a little lady, her love for independence, adventure, and comic relief bring such brightness into our lives.
2011 will be hard to beat, but I have a feeling that with the Jungle Cub, life will just naturally continue to get better and better (until of course, we hit the teen years...but until then, I'll immerse myself in the challenges that await us in Toddler-dome)
Happy Birthday to my sensational Boogie Jeanne!! We love you!
The Jungle Cub explains:
| On her special day in her special outfit! |
I have learned so much this past year. I think my favorite thing I learned was moving. Being mobile has given me the freedom I needed to branch out to experience life and make my parents' job just a bit more challenging.
On my special day, I started celebrating with all my friends at the YMCA Gym Daycare. I really enjoy hanging out there because everyone is so nice and there are a lot of other kids to play with. The rest of the day was pretty low key until Jungle Cat attempted to put me down for an early afternoon siesta. WELL, I was NOT having it! I didn't want to take a nap, especially since it was MY day.
Unfortunately, staying up didn't have any perks because I was whisked away to the doctors. I had weird things pasted to my head to check my vision (of course, I didn't make that easy on anyone!), then my finger pricked for blood work, weighed in front of EVERYONE...oh the horror...and then to top it off, I was given three shots! What was this?! The day started out so great! After all of that, I was exhausted and decided it was then time for my siesta.
When I awoke, my mother gave me something new...a different type of milk and I found it to be quite delicious. Paired with my favorite dinner of spagetti and veggies, I was in heaven. I had also received a lot of cards from family and friends, so I found it necessary to tote them all through the house.
The next morning when I greeted the day, Gentle Lion was home! There was also a delicious smell wafting from downstairs. I was quite curious as to what it could be. At lunch time, I found out! Just like my friend Emerson had, there in front of me was my very own cake!!!!!!!
| Expertly prepared Funfetti Cake |
My special Birthday Girl shirt had been cleaned since I destroyed it with my spaghetti dinner the night before; my usual plan to make Jungle Cat's job a little harder. Around noon, we had family lunch and then it was time for cake! Of course, we took a million pictures and Gentle Lion was a jokester giving me bunny ears...really, Dad?? I'm ONE now and I don't have time for such immature antics.
Then, Jungle Cat offered me her gift of song as she presented my cake. It had flames coming out of it and I was so eager to touch, but she kept my hands away. AS USUAL...a buzz kill! But it was still awesome and I was so excited!
At first, I was quite timid about the cake. I was debating between digging in and making a huge mess or being a dainty lady since it was my first birthday celebration. It didn't take long for me to decide to use my mantra, "Go Big or Go Home!" and I went to town!
(Since this is 4 minutes long, I would like to recommend the following highlights: 13 sec, 40 sec, 1:40, 1:55, 2:07, 2:23, 2:56, and 3:25)
The cake was delectable and I really enjoyed the process of demolishing it!
| Ready?! |
| Just a sample |
| Face plant! |
| What's this thing made of?! |
| Mission accomplished: Cake DESTROYED!! |
THEN, when I thought the best had happened, I got to open a present! I have been practicing my paper ripping skills for months with any magazines or books that lay victim to my wrath. I think all the hard work paid off because it was a breeze unveiling this large package.
I would say my first birthday was a success. I enjoyed spending the two-day celebration with my parents. Now that I'm officially a toddler, I guess expectations of my behavior are going to change. Well, I hope my parents don't think I'm going to make this next stage any easier than my baby stage. It is my calling in life to continue challenging them to become the best they can be. After all, it's only in my best interest!
Happy Birthday to me!! Bring on 2, I'm ready for you!"

Holy Moses! How did I miss this blog post and that VIDEO!! I was laughing so hard. A) Loved your Marilyn Monroe birthday song version for your daughter. Ha! B) Favorite video quote: "It might be hard. Your mom baked it." C) Parker was hilarious trying to eat the cake without her hands but couldn't reach it. You are cruel parents. But it made for very funny watching. :)
ReplyDelete