Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Root of All Evil

I never anticipated the process of teething would prepare us for the terrible teens that await in 12 years. At the drop of a hat, my usually angelic baby is transformed into an evil demon that whines, clings, scratches, and is all-in-all miserable.  We feel just horrible for her because there is little we can do, but it tugs at our heart strings to see our little dear in such pain.

We are all learning valuable lessons in patience while the Jungle Cub continues to mature and grow into a strong and vibrant young feline.



The Jungle Cub explains:

"Since I was about four month's old, my mouth has periodically been in severe pain.  Around six months, two hard sharp things began protruding from my gums.  Although, I was in agonizing pain, I found these new 'teeth' to be quite entertaining and quickly found that I could chew on things in a new way.  When my bed arrived it became one of my first victims.  But AS USUAL, Jungle Cat was a major buzz kill and before I knew it, the rails I so thoroughly enjoyed were covered with thick padding preventing me from eating away the varnish and woodchips.  As revenge, I tested them out on my mother's Mommy Pillows once or twice...she didn't seem too pleased but remained calm.


Currently, my top teeth are working their way down.  Some nights, I will wake up screaming from a deep slumber.  Jungle Cat rushes to my side and will cuddle with me which is very soothing.  And since she is being so kind, I vow not to bite or scratch her unless she makes me angry.


Some days, I just don't feel like myself and I can easily get off schedule.  This happened a few days ago when all I wanted was to be held and then left alone and then held again and then left alone again.  Jungle Cat and I were not seeing eye to eye.  I didn't care if she wanted to do errands...she was supposed to be paying every waking moment to ME and my inconsistent needs.  I would giggle with delight and then, without any notice, scream with disgust.  The only thing that was making me happy was my good ol' trusty thumb...he's always there when I need him!



Luckily, we all made it out alive after that treacherous day.  When I woke up the next morning, I was rejuvenated and ready to conquer the world.  I overheard Jungle Cat telling Miss Cynthia at the Gym Day Care something about 'exercising with demons'.  I didn't know she went jogging with anyone while I was asleep..."

1 comment:

  1. Natalie is just starting this process (I think, nothing poking through yet, but all of the symptoms are there) and I'm scared!

    ReplyDelete