Yes, ladies and gents - at the tender age of 9.75 months, the Jungle Cub is officially mobile with her two little Flintstone feet!!! She's been toning her quads and hamstrings extra hard these last few weeks since we returned from OBX to prepare for her launch as a soon-to-be toddler.
We are beyond proud of our little one's accomplishments!
The Jungle Cub explains:
"I've been observing this act of 'walking' for quite some time now. I knew once I pulled myself up on the couch that my sea legs would soon be ready to take me across the room...maybe even across the entire house!
At night, when we would go up for my bath and bed, I would do squats, lunges, and hamstring curls while climbing up the stairs. OH, the burn in my muscles was excruciating. But I endured it knowing that the end justified the means. During the day, I would practice standing with a wide leg stance to pick objects off the floor, helping with my glute strength. With the aid of my musical walker, I was able to motor around pretty well, but it just didn't seem to fulfill my needs.
Two nights ago, I mustered up all the courage and energy I had and went for it. Five steps later, I landed on my toushie, and Jungle Cat and Gentle Lion roared with praise. I had taken my very first steps!
The next morning, Jungle Cat and I were watching Golden Girls and I tried again and again and again. Before long, it was just old hat to cruise around my cage, lugging my annoying singing dog around.
Jungle Cat is all excited because now she said we get to go shoe shopping. I saw Gentle Lion stifle a low groan, as if he disapproved. Does my mother have an issue with buying shoes? Oh well, either way, I am on my way to being even more of a handful than I already am! Hooray!!"
WOW! Go Jungle Cub, go!!! By the time you turn 1, you will be able to lead your party guests in a host of fun games, from the Hokey Pokey to Pin the Tail on the Gentle Lion!
ReplyDelete