Friday, October 28, 2011

The Car Seat is My Arch Nemesis!!

We have always known that the Jungle Cub has been strong willed and has a mind of her own.  However, I don't think we were prepared for the battles that awaited us once she became a mobile being.

Attempting to sit nicely on the pumpkins...
Oh yes!  How exciting the Jungle Cub can roll, now she's crawling, and now she's walking!  We are so proud!  Look at her go!  OH, little did we know that when it came to the car seat, those mastered skills would be the downfall of our entire parenting existence.

Although it is almost Halloween, I refuse to post a picture of my sweet angel as we try to get her into the car seat for fear of terrifying our faithful readers.  It is not a pretty site.  The few that have witnessed it in person can attest to the transformation of the Jungle Cub's hilarious and fun-loving personality into a rabid beast.

Instead, I will allow you to enjoy a moment we captured while at the local pumpkin patch.

The Jungle Cub stalks the pumpkins
while crouching ever so slightly in the jungle grass
The Jungle Cub explains:

"There it is.  Just sitting there propped up in the corner waiting for me.  I despise my car seat.  It gets so hot and restrictive with all the pulleys and snaps.



Now that I know how to roll like an expert, I try my hardest to maneuver and contort my body so that Jungle Cat and Gentle Lion have tremendous difficulty getting me harnessed in.  At first, I stiffen my body into a pseudo-rigamortis position.  Then, without warning, I arch my head back so far that I can see my tooshie (and if I do say so myself, my butt looks exceptional in the Big Butt Baby Pants my mother made!)  Usually, Jungle Cat is alone when it comes to the car seat, so she struggles even more and has to try to straighten my neck while trying to bend my legs at the hip to put me into a sitting position.  When she thinks she's even mildly close, I do my crocodilian roll and end up facing the interior of the car seat and stand up.  Sometimes by doing this, I get stuck on the canopy and so I start to wail, which then causes me to get extremely hot and bothered.

There are times when I have been distracted and tricked by keys and cell phones.  Sometimes they tell me that my boyfriend, Charlie, from the Gym Daycare is calling, but he is never there when I reach to say hello.  How morbidly sick of them to play such horrible tricks on a BABY nonetheless!!

As payback, I decide to perform in a similar manner when I am placed in my high chair or stroller.  I mean, all I want to do is just play and frolic, not be tied down like some caged animal!  I have places to be and people to see!

Other times, I will go into my seats perfectly with virtually no struggle.  I do this on purpose so that my parents will always be on alert not knowing if and when I will strike.  Why do I do this to them, you may be asking?  Honestly...it tickles me..."

"Who?  Me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment