The Jungle Cub was a Little Monster and of course played her character perfectly. It turned out to be a fabulous day because we had a lunch date with some new friends who also decided to dress up, so she donned her costume all day and enjoyed every minute (except the head piece, but we'll learn about that below).
Happy Halloween everyone!!
The Jungle Cub explains:
"Today seemed a little different than usual. We met my new friend Emerson and her mother Jill out for lunch. I got to wear this awesome outfit covered in wild fur and styled my hair in pigtails. I felt so cool, especially when I saw that Em and Jill were wearing outfits too!
After lunch, we did our usual stuff...a nap here, a snack there, playing and playing everywhere. Gentle Lion was so excited when he saw me dressed up. Jungle Cat also let me keep my costume on all day and into the night!
I was totally feeling the pigtails and would like to rock them more often. However, when Jungle Cat covered them up with the headpiece of my costume, I was NOT happy.
Since she hadn't come up with any good ideas for her own costume, we decided to share which worked out perfectly.
Gentle Lion put my partial cage at the front door with a sign that read "Do Not Feed the Monster" so I was able to observe all the ghouls and goblins coming up for candy. I tried to scare some of them away with my growl, but I think Jungle Cat's cheesy comments like "Go Griffindor!" or "Ohhh, you're scary!" or "Hey Spider Man, you look like you worked out hard this year!" frightened them even more because they gave a skeptical facial expression and then hightailed it to their parents waiting at the end of the sidewalk. I was so embarrassed but she was enjoying herself, so I just rolled my eyes and let her go.
| Waiting for the Trick-or-Treaters |
Towards the end of the night, I overheard her telling Gentle Lion that she was going to hit up the local stores tomorrow to stock up on discounted Halloween gear for next year. He got a worried look in his eye; I will just have to remind him that the scary stuff isn't real so he doesn't need to be concerned.
Lastly, my parents foolishly thought I would pass out right away, but I still had a little steam left in me (will they EVER learn?!) However, it wasn't long after Jungle Cat placed me in my bed and gave me a back massage that I floated away on a cloud of Halloween bliss dreaming of eating all that delicious candy some day. I am already planning on next year!"



I LOVE YOU, JUNGLE CUB!!!! You are the best writer and so cute! You looked soooo scary on Halloween!
ReplyDelete