Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Jungle Cub - All Grown Up!

It has been many moons and wonderful memories since my last entry.  I wanted to post a "conclusion" because I am getting ready to print the blog so that it may be passed down from generation to generation.

Being a mom has been the greatest thing I have ever done.  Some days are challenging and I admit to getting RAS (Run Away Syndrome), but I would never do such a thing...well, maybe run away to Target for an hour, but I will always find my way back home to my little family.  Each day I want to be the best mom I can be, some days it works, and some days it doesn't.  It can be challenging when the Jungle Cub is essentially a carbon copy version of myself in a pre-schooler's body.  I watch her and see the things I used to do to my own parents, now understanding the "fish eye" or discerning looks of disapproval.  I find it laughable and terrifying at the same time.  My only saving grace is that I wasn't a horrible teenager...Fingers crossed I will reap the benefits of that karma!

The Jungle Cub is now on her way to being 5 years old in December - FIVE.  How did half of a decade go by so quickly, yet it seems like we just left the hospital a few days ago?  I love listening to her stories (which, just like her mother, are always filled with tremendous detail), watching her laugh and figure out problems.  And if you need someone with an imagination, she's your girl!  I beam with pride when her teachers tell me that "everyone is friends with Jungle Cub!"  Although she can be feisty, she's a leader, innovator, and a caring soul.  Her independence is refreshing and frustrating, but gives me the confidence that she will continue to grow into a strong and able person.

We have watched her grow from a baby that pushed her limits in her "cage" by climbing and walking early, making growling noises into a toddler that without hesitation went into the gym daycare and became a "regular" and made friends where ever she's gone.  Jungle Cub has now evolved into a fantastic Big Sis.  Mostly patient, she loves to teach Q everything and anything.  Even when Q is testing her boxing skills, Jungle Cub takes it in stride.  I am so proud of who she is and I can't wait to see who she will become!

I become sad knowing that this time in life is so short and has already gone by so quickly.  Soon, she will be a teenager and then an adult.  I cherish every moment spent with my girls and the love we have for them truly knows no bounds.  I am so lucky to be their mother and I hope that I can continue to show them how much they mean to me until they have me resting in my urn on their mantel.  Demented?  Maybe, but hey, that's us!


Signing off,
The Jungle Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment