Well, it's official! In three weeks on Thursday, we will be leaving the place we've called home for 4 years and truck it on down to Maryland. Gentle Lion received a terrific opportunity and it will be exciting for him to FINALLY be done with all his schooling! I am overflowing with pride and couldn't be happier for the love of my life. I thought this day would never come, and in the blink of an eye, his residency is over, we have a bambina, and now we're moving!
Unfortunately, the amount of updated posts about the Jungle Cub will be limited since the evening is really the only chance I have some uninterrupted time to get cranking. Yes, I felt it was necessary to start the process now because if anyone knows me, it's...me. If I procrastinate, I will get grouchy and I just don't feel like being a major Jungle Cat during this somewhat stressful time (moving itself is stressful, and then we throw in all the Jungle Cub's belongings and not to mention, her darling self!)
But, for my faithful readers, I will try my hardest to provide updates. Thank you in advance for your patience!
However, today's title not only matches our theme of moving, but also the ever increasing mobility of the Jungle Cub. It is getting to the point where we need almost two people to assist in putting a diaper on. Luckily, I am getting faster and faster, but not quite fast enough...
The Jungle Cub explains:
"The world is so much more interesting now that I can rotate to see everything. I enjoy sitting, but if I fall over, I just keep skooching until I find something to tickle my fancy. Other times, if I am hanging out with my parents, I will kick them in the face, arms, and neck to get a little extra leverage.
My newest thrill is standing! I giggle uncontrollably as I grow taller. IT IS AWESOME! Sometimes, I 'drop it like it's hot' and shake my booty and we all laugh.
Rolling over now is old news. I can do at least two to three rolls right in a row which allows me to cover a decent amount of ground in a short period of time. I especially enjoy rolling when I get my diaper changed. Jungle Cat and Gentle Lion get all discombobulated as I twist my chest one way and my hips the other; sometimes I even get my feet up on the wall or do my pelvic thrusts (gotta work on those buns after all!) It's not MY fault that there are cool things like my box o'wipes and other diapers hanging out near me and I feel the need to grab them.
I love exploring and if I don't get a hold of everything in my site, I may not get another opportunity...that's what being an opportunist is all about, right?"
Can't believe the time has almost come. Goodbye Philly, hello small-town USA!! Parker Jeanne, you will always be a fancy, sassy city-girl to me. So excited for you all. Selfishly wish it was closer to us, of course, but we'll have fun visiting!!
ReplyDelete