First, we celebrated Cookie, one of our dearest and most treasured friend's birthday a week early at the Philadelphia Union Soccer game. He is turning the rip old age of 30 next Sunday and joins the rest of us in the glory of old age. His wonderful wife organized a surprise tailgating party with all of his closest friends. And although, the party was for Jamie, in a way it was a bon voyage party to me. This would probably be the last time in a while that all of our friends would be together in the same place. Realizing that made me a little sad about moving, but it was such a nice time that I didn't have a chance to feel upset and really enjoyed being with our favorite friends. Of course, the Jungle Cub was in attendance and, as usual, charmed her way through the crowd.
We weren't able to stay for the game because we had yet another engagement to attend that evening. Yes, ladies and gents, Dr. BAK is finally graduating from his residency!!! Four long (but surprisingly speedy) years have come and gone and now he will step into the realm of being a full fledged physician. I can't even begin to explain how proud I am of him! Luckily for us, Nana, Grandpa and PopPop were available to watch the Jungle Cub so we could celebrate with the rest of Gentle Lion's co-workers in celebrating this monumental event in his career. A few drinks later, with some pasta and dessert, surrounded by a lot of laughter and kind words, we were home again to find our angel fast asleep.
As we wind down these last few weeks, I know it's important to appreciate the time we've had here in the City of Brotherly Love but to also look forward to the new adventures that await us in Maryland!
The Jungle Cub explains:
"I love partying! It gives me a chance to really let loose, scream as loud as I want, drink as much as I want and just laugh up a storm with my friends! Well, my parents' friends at least. I was a little peeved Ky wasn't there, but Jungle Cat explained that it was her dad's birthday and so she couldn't make it. I didn't let that stop me though.
| Happy 30th Birthday Cookie!! |
Jungle Cat was all excited because there were hot dogs, hamburgers and brownies! She gets a gleam in her eye when these particular food items are available...it's almost haunting how ravenous she can be, but she's happy so I let it go.
I also had some good 'girl time' with the ladies. We swapped stories about babies and how great they were. I wonder if anyone else's baby is entered in the Gerber Baby Photo Search? Well, only if they are in a different category...
Gentle Lion was also quite social with the guys. It appears these people have known each other for a long time...probably close to the amount of time I have known Kylie and the twins and THAT is a long time.
| The Fab 4 Reunited |
When I awoke in the morning, I was so happy to see Jungle Cat and Gentle Lion!! We spent the whole day together as a familia and even went to the mall for a walking tour. I love weekends!"

No comments:
Post a Comment