This long weekend is reserved a year in advance as the one weekend that everyone must be present. However, this year, we had a few added members of the crew. The Fab 4 Mamas were joined by the Sensational 7 Kiddos at the Forti residence for a very loud (and admittedly overwhelming!) hilarious time. Being that everyone else is already at the two child quota, I think it is safe to say that the Jungle Cub will be solo for quite some time...
We also got our token Bachelorette party in with Molly's baby sister, as well as a ton of family time with our aunts, uncles, cousins and GGJ! And we ended the weekend with Etown pride at the Cook's.
Oh, and an item of particular interest - the Jungle Cub is officially sitting on her own!! We are still working on laying flat and pushing up, but staying upright is now checked off our Milestone list!
Overall, it was a splendid weekend and well worth the recovery period!
The Jungle Cub explains:
| Hayden Clare, Parker Jeanne, Brenna, Greyson, Sloane, Alice, Henry |
Answering these life questions doesn't matter because here comes Jungle Cat with the Big Butt Baby Pants that she was working on all week. Why does she torture us so?
The next morning, I woke up refreshed and ready to conquer the day. We spent a lot of good quality time with Aunt Charlotte. She has the coolest stuff and I practiced my sitting skills on the floor and occasionally threw up on whatever I was touching; just marking my territory in case another baby comes into the mix.
This was the most exciting time at the twins' house I've ever experienced...so much noise and activity. Our mother's kept eating crunchy chips covered in cheesy goo and finished with a few Oreo's here and there. Aunt Mag opened a bottle of champagne and it sprayed everywhere!
I also shared my latest creation in my diaper with everyone...homemade guacamole courtesy of the avocados I've been eating in the last week. Jungle Cat used half of the wipes she brought along and had to change my outfit. I tried to tell her about this 'surprise' on the way to the Forti's, but she chose to ignore it...Well, that's what she gets!
Towards the later afternoon, everyone cleared out and I spent some quality time with Mama Lu, Nanny McDee and the twins' dad. I think Jungle Cat was having some alone time with her friends, and since this happens so rarely, I behaved while she was gone.
But did I let her have it once we got back to Aunt Charlotte's!! I had so much pent up anger that I screamed and screamed. It didn't last long because, boy, was I tired. During the night, I woke up to change positions and noticed that Aunt Charlotte was lying on the bed. Jungle Cat snuck out AGAIN! Oh well, I was too tired to care.
| Q, Mag, and Talu (Lu was there in spirit!) |
As the afternoon rolled around, we traveled over to Aunt Connie and Uncle Lee's for Aunt Jodi's birthday. The whole Kleinert crew was there and I sang for them and grabbed everything in site, including Aunt Connie's cheeks, neck, ear...she was irresistible!
Then back again to Aunt Charlotte's for Screaming Fest 2011, but again, I was too exhausted to continue so I fell asleep easily.
In the morning, we said goodbye to Charlotte and Bob. I will miss them, especially the time we spend playing Bejewelled on Facebook.
And we were on the road AGAIN, this time we ended up at home...ahh, home sweet home. Gentle Lion was home and I missed him so much!
Just when I was getting used to being home, my parents strapped me into my car seat (man, I am really starting to hate that thing) and when I opened my eyes we were at Kylie's house! And with a surprise guest, Rangsey!! The last time I saw him...wow...it's been ages; I was only 3 days old! He looked great and hasn't changed a bit, but he said I sure did!
We had a nice time with our friends. I entertained everyone with my singing because I know they all enjoy it tremendously and when Kylie wasn't looking I puked on her couch and carpet. I just don't want her to forget me once we move to Maryland at the end of June.
Finally, we were home. I was afraid to get used to it, but once I had my Tub and was rocked in my old chair, I knew the coast was clear and I could relax.
What a weekend! I am very lucky to have so many great friends!"
No comments:
Post a Comment