Wednesday, May 25, 2011

She Works Hard for the Milk

The Jungle Cub's career as a baby is blossoming in so many ways.  Just passing the 5 month mark, she is on her way to be tremendously successful in every endeavor she pursues.  She has moved out of the infant stage and is now considered a member of the highly anticipated 'Supported Sitter' stage.

As you can imagine, this takes a lot of hard work and effort.  We overflow with pride about her achievements!

The Jungle Cub explains:



"I have been working my fingers to the bone!  Rolling over, learning to sit, semi-crawling, laughing, drooling...the list is endless!  Luckily, I am well connected and my office is close-by so the commute isn't too bad.

"Ain't nuthin' but a g-thang, Baby..."
This is my phat ride.  Nana picked it up for me a while back and I am finally able to drive it to its fullest potential.  The shocks are amazing and I love to drive with one hand on the wheel and one hanging out the side like Dr. Dre or Snoop Dogg.  Sometimes, during our travels Jungle Cat plays their tunes and I guess they have just inspired me.


Other times, I can't really enjoy my commute to work because I have to do remote conference calls with Rubber Ducky.  He's always so concerned about the temperature of my bath water and if its Tub time today or not.  If he would just read the TPS reports sent out weekly, he would know.

Once I get to work, I usually hit up the conference room for a daily briefing with Jungle Cat and Gentle Lion.  I have a pretty impressive board room chair that makes me feel quite regal.

Exxxxcellent...

But sometimes, the chair gets a little snug and I need assistance getting out.  It's not that I eat too much...it's a European style and we all know how these finer items are always sized differently.


After the board room meetings are over, it's off to my office (a description created by my mother's dear friend Molly Cate...love it!) to check emails, returns calls for upcoming play-dates, and play with post-it notes.  I spin one way and the phone rings, I spin another way and my email box is already full again.


My assistant, Senor Fleur, constantly needs attention.  I have to give him a lot of one-on-one time.  By now, his training should have be done but it's as if he's afraid to work on his own.  I will continue to gently guide him, but when his annual review comes up next month, we will be having a big talk and he better NOT ask for a raise...


By the end of the day, I am just spent!  It's hard work being a baby, but it's work that I throughly enjoy.  Perhaps it's the people I work with because I think that makes a big difference..."








No comments:

Post a Comment