Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Child Fills a Space In Your Heart You Never Knew was Empty


I think Mother's Day is hand's down my FAVORITE holiday.  Yes, perhaps it is a Hallmark-created day manipulating the men in our lives to buy cards, flowers, candies, and presents...but I don't care!  

Last year, I was about 8 weeks pregnant but we celebrated anyway.  This was my first Mother's Day gift and it was a good one!

Super Duper Vaccum
This year far surpassed our brief celebration from the year prior.  Today was one of the best days I have spent thus far with my little familia.  It was perfect through and through from the weather, down to the Jungle Cub's adorable giggles, to a sweet kiss goodnight.  I am so unbelievably thankful that I can be the Jungle Cub's mother and Gentle Lion's partner in crime.  Only 364 days until next Mother's Day!

The Jungle Cub explains:

"Today, Gentle Lion spoiled Jungle Cat and she was eating it up...literally!  First, she was served pancakes and a spot of tea.  Then we took an afternoon siesta.  Usually I am too wound up to lay nicely on my mother's shoulder, but today I was just worn out and it was convenient.  Afterwards, Gentle Lion prepared lunch and again Jungle Cat was filled to the gills.

Then we took an afternoon stroll down to the park and did a photoshoot.  I am my parent's favorite subject to photograph.  I am starting to love the camera and from watching so much America's Next Top Model, I am able to get my angles right and "smize" (aka, Smile with my Eyes, thanks Tyra).


   

I got to experience a lot of new things today, such as swinging and going down slides.  I think my parents were having more fun than I was.  It certainly was a lot to take in.



I decided to nap on the way home so I could raise h-e-double-hockey-sticks when we got back, and boy did I ever!  Gentle Lion soon retreated to the kitchen to AGAIN prepare for Jungle Cat's last feeding of the day.  I spent the early part of the evening with my mother and we practiced sitting up and playing.  I think I wore her out because she looked a little ragged at the dinner table.   

I didn't realize how tired I was until I started having my evening meal and then I was out like a light!

It is always a nice time to spend the day with my parents.  I think they are definitely keepers."





2 comments: