Monday, August 15, 2011

If You Need Me, I'll be at the Beauty Parlor...

The Jungle Cub has been a regular customer at Talula's Salon since she was born.  Here at Talula's, we feel that customer service is our highest priority.  We even strive to maintain a professional atmosphere for meeting the needs of those individuals who are...shall we say...quite demanding and difficult.

At first, the Jungle Cub's lack of making an appointment was our biggest problem.  She would roll in whenever she felt like getting a spa treatment, blow-out or a mani/pedi.  As the owner, I tried to explain to her numerous times, that out of respect to our other clients, we need to schedule her in the book.  She decided that she was too important and still to this day continues to arrive whenever she deems necessary.

If that wasn't bad enough, you should see her tab!  She is worse than Norm on Cheers.  And, on top of that, she doesn't even leave a tip!  She's also quite difficult when we try to complete her service by wrapping her in a warm towel and then dressing her in her evening wear.  She used to receive a nice lavender scented foot massage, but we have since completely given up on that due to the abuse of our staff members.  The horrific things she says to Bradree (my business partner and Chief Operations Officer) are too censored that I wouldn't even dare quote them.

I know, I know...I should demand she pay up-to-date and find another place to get her services done.  But as much as a hell-cat as she is, when she gives us those Blueberry eyes and squeals with delight when naked, our hearts melt and it makes all her craziness worth it.

The Jungle Cub explains:


"I have been going to Talula's for a while.  It is the best salon in town and the owners (Talula and Bradree - business partners...yeah, right...they don't have ANYONE fooled...) do treat me well.  I, however, don't understand why it matters WHEN I show up; they know I'm coming and plus everyone there knows how important I am.

At first, when I was just a tiny infant, my bath was such a calming experience.  Each time, I received a complementary seaweed wrap as I was cleansed by Honey Apple wash.  I remained in a very docile state...

Just a young calm baby in the tub

That is, until it was time to put my jammie's on...as I mentioned many moons ago, I am a free spirit and long to be in my natural state as much as possible.  Therefore, I do not feel it is necessary for me to make it particularly easy on the staff at Talula's.  Especially, when they try to upsell me on services like blowdry's and pushing retail products on me.  I don't need any hair care or lotions today, thank you very much!!


As I matured, I discovered how my skills of mobility were transferable to the bathing experience.  I took notice that the calm and happy smiles from the owners changed to more of a distressing frown on Talula's face as she furiously rushed my service and Bradree kept a strong hold on me.  However, this lack of tranquility (and in my honest opinion, decline of good customer service) was soothed by the introduction of entertainment.


Just recently, I have been upgraded to a larger tub and the snug Whale Tub has disappeared.  I am enjoying this so much more and I am able to splash and sit comfortably in the water.  But I am still held with an iron grip for most of my service, which deters me from offering any type of monetary tip.  I am a peacock and I need to fly!

During my dressing, I love to scream 'bloody murder' when my diaper is being affixed to my tooshie and I wiggle with all my might to reject my nightwear.  Talula got smart and purchased zip-up outfits, which takes all the fun out it...Seeing them struggle with all the buttons always gave me a giggle...

Once it is all over, I calm down for the most part because I am tired and need to sleep.  After a story and cuddling with my mother, I fall deep into my dreams of mischievous tasks for the next day."



No comments:

Post a Comment