Hello??? Is anyone out there??? It's me...the blog-loving mother that has neglected her passion for a while...
Shamefully, I am back...almost 9 months of complete silence on The Jungle Cub. Luckily, I am happy to share that complete silence was the furthest thing from our lives these last few months! Life has been amazingly busy and (as Gram says) "filled to the gills" with wonderful memories.
Before the year comes to a close, I wanted to do a recap on my Jungle Cub. She has grown so much this year! We are in stitches everyday watching her experience life and can't wait to see what 2013 has in store.
So, thank you for your patience and please enjoy a fast forward summary of 2012!
The Jungle Cub explains:
"Jungle Cat has FINALLY asked me for an interview. It's been ages and I was beginning to worry that documenting every detail of MY life was slipping from her #1 priority. However, I noticed that once holiday decorations started showing up, she was taking a lot of pictures and kept telling me we needed to pencil in some time. I somehow managed to find an opening.
 |
| This is how I roll... |
Well, for me this year has been quite a whirlwind! I will be 2 whole years in a week and a day (please stay tuned for the in-depth look at my soirée). This year, I felt like I was much better equipped with handling everyday challenges, like climbing, talking, eating, running, being mischievous, telling fibs (only innocent white ones, of course), making jokes, hiding from my mother at every chance I could get, spending quality time with Gentle Lion, Nana and Grandpa, Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Bob, establishing solid friendships, sharing-not-sharing-and-trying-to-share, throwing tantrums, being an angel, and pretty much just loving life!
 |
| Grandpa doing his levitating card trick...it gets me every time! |
Since we last posted, we have been up to a lot as well! We moved into our new house, but the first month we had to live in the upstairs quarters because our kitchen was being remodeled. Jungle Cat's culinary talents were at their worst since she only had access to a microwave. I recall an evening when Gentle Lion came home from a meeting and "wasn't hungry", only to learn that he had been given delicious pizza at the meeting while I was tortured with microwave lasagna. Finally, our kitchen was done and I was able to finally explore our new abode. There were so many nooks and crannies, and of course, I got into each one!
 |
| Well worth the wait! |
 |
| Stocking up! |
 |
| "Eh, just put it on my tab, will ya?" |
We celebrated Easter at cousin Sherry's house. This year, I wasn't such a slug and I filled my basket to the top with eggs! This was also my first debut in my tutu, and I thought I sported it pretty well! Jimmy and Jessie were pretty tame and let me get some eggs. I think they went easy on me, but I'm sure as I get older, their tolerance will be less and less...
 |
| With Jimmy and Jessie |
 |
| Tutu Perfection with my Muppets Coat |
As the late spring and early summer rolled around, I began to really explore my outside world. In our new yard, there were many creatures. My favorite was the bunny. I explained to my parents that he goes, "Hippity Hop!" This was the beginning of my verbal communication. I had to start out slow with them as to not startle or overwhelm them with my intellectual prowess.
 |
| See the bunny go Hippity Hop! |
This year we took a family day trip to Bethany Beach. It was quite different than the OBX trip from last year with the whole crew, but I still enjoyed it. I strutted my bad self all over that beach, down the boardwalk, and played in the waves (but just a little!) I enjoyed playing in the sand with Jungle Cat since Gentle Lion was busy studying for his big exam in October. We also enjoyed some frozen custard, but true to form, Jungle Cat was displeased with the customer service she received from the apathetic teenager.
 |
| In my reading chair, feet crossed, The Eye Book, completely content |
My mother began training for a triathlon with Emma's mother, Stephanie, and as a result, I decided to take up biking as well. At first I couldn't reach the pedals, but now, I am cruising all over the house and take whoever wants to join for a ride!
 |
| Flashing my Big Smile! |
 |
| Low Rider |
 |
| Corinne and I making a run for it! |
During the start of the summer, I was being a major Hell Cat when it came to nap time. One day, I was particularly furious with Jungle Cat and proceeded to traverse over my crib, not once, but twice. It hurt when I fell, but I was determined NOT to sleep (and I soon figured out how to schimmy down so I wouldn't fall...muhahahaha). Jungle Cat wasn't too happy about it and I forced her to sleep on the floor until I was whisked away into dream land. A few nights later, I did the same thing at night, and it required a two hour bedtime routine. Poor Gentle Lion was left to finish painting the new kitchen all on his lonesome. If my mother would have realized it, I was actually doing this to help her get out of painting, but I have a feeling that she was skeptical on this motive. I did try to climb out while she was in the room, and as I was traveling head first to the floor, Jungle Cat used her cat-like reflexes and caught me. Consequently, my head bumped on my bed and it was very painful. I haven't forgotten that injury, and sadly, it has prevented me from trying to crib jump again. But seriously, how could you get mad at this face after all that?
 |
| Blueberry mess = Never in trouble! |
To make up for my bad behavior, I began assisting with household chores. I found it enthralling to take the dishes to the sink, start the dishwasher and help sweep. It seems easy enough, so I'm not sure why anyone has issues cleaning up when I'm finished eating...
 |
| "I'll never have dishpan hands again!" |
 |
| Cleaning the dishes off! |
 |
| Crumbs? What crumbs? |
As fall began, there was a lot of excitement. Stephanie and Jungle Cat battled the high seas in Bethany Beach and completed their first triathlon. They were both super excited and I enjoyed seeing my mother crossing the finish line, since she had been freaking out about sharks for months!
 |
| Wait, did she just go past? Is she really that fast?! |
 |
| Finishers! |
A week later, we traveled cross country to San Diego for Gentle Lion's board exam. It was my first plane ride. Of course, a 5 hour non-stop flight was the perfect opportunity for a new toddler flyer. I decided to let everyone on the plane know I was traveling with them by pouring my water all over the carpet and screaming bloody murder right as we were boarding. Luckily, I was overtired so I decided to keep Gentle Lion and Jungle Cat on alert the entire trip by not napping and putting the window shade up and down (much to the annoyance of the mean looking man sitting diagonal from us). However, this proved to be okay, because I went right to sleep at my normal bedtime on West Coast time. We had a great time and visited the Safari Park, Sea World, Torrey Pines, Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo. I think traveling is in my future, so I hope I can go again sometime. And on a very high note, this trip proved quite successful because Gentle Lion PASSED his exam!!!! We are so proud of him!
 |
| Sea World...being one with the fishies |
 |
| Carriage Ride around a parking lot...not the smartest decision |
 |
| Admiring the kites |
 |
| Ghiradelli Peanut Butter Cup Sundae...Delcious! |
 |
Torrey Pines
First time seeing Pacific Ocean - PJ (22 Months), Gentle Lion (31 Years) |
 |
| Pretending to be some weird creature at the Zoo! |
Once we were back in good ol' Easton, the holidays drew upon us. We kicked them off by going to the pumpkin patch. I met up with my girl, Corinne, and we got cozy with a pumpkin. After she left, I discovered my new fall obession: Baby Pumpkins! I carried them around with me in my shopping cart, to my bed, outside, everywhere I went, the baby pumpkins went too!
 |
| Yeah, we're this cool... |
 |
| BABY PUMPKIN!! I LOVE YOU! |
Towards the end of October, my grandparents visited. I was surprised and so excited because I LOVE spending time with Nana and Grandpa. My parents had snuck out of the house early in the morning to
run with Zombies...this was how they actually celebrated their 4 year anniversary...weird, but what do I care, I got to be spoiled by my grandparents! We had the best time playing with Kandi Girl, getting cupcakes and just enjoying each other's company. By the time my parents arrived home, Nana and Grandpa looked relieved. It was as if they were exhausted or something.
 |
| Nana taught me how to walk Kandi Girl |
 |
| Cupcakes at snack time? Yes please! |
 |
Muddy and in love!
Happy 4th Year Anniversary! |
Next up was Halloween! Jungle Cat went nuts buying trashy Halloween decorations, while Gentle Lion just looked the other way. He is so good to her, allowing her to really enjoy the things that make her happy! We had a little get together since our new house is in the epicenter of Trick-or-Treating. Jungle Cat made me a Little Red Riding Hood costume, which I fought at first and then soon forgot about once we were out on the town collecting candies! What an incredible holiday!!! Candy for doing nothing! I could get used to this!
Phew...that was a lot of things to cover! Jungle Cat assures me that more posts will be coming down the pipeline very shortly. After all, the most important day of the year will be here next week (ahem, my birthday...) and then follows Christmas and New Year's! Stay tuned! We look forward to sharing with everyone!"
No comments:
Post a Comment