By far the most incredible year thus far in our lives, I am certainly trying to appreciate each moment and not take anything for granted. My list of things to blog about gets longer and longer each day! Slow down Jungle Cub!
![]() |
| Before we were mama's...Fist Pumping our way to the dance floor |
I was officially overdue with my pregnancy...the Jungle Cub wasted no time in letting us know EXACTLY who was in charge when it came to her arrival. I had just finished working and had basically become a couch potato. I received texts from family and friends throughout the day curious if there had been any progress, my co-workers had started a 'Baby Pool' betting on when PJ would arrive (and didn't even include ME...thanks guys!), I got a pedicure, I went to stress tests and OB check-ups...I was trying everything to get the party started, even though I was beyond terrified about labor (stay tuned for THAT post next week).
It was also this week last year that Gentle Lion was still in residency taking on-call shifts, which required him to be at the hospital for at least 24 hours straight. Therefore, it was a gamble about what would happen if I went into labor while he was working...and this is where Marissa came to my rescue.
Also pregnant at the time, she insisted about having a girly sleepover just in case something happened. At first, I said, "Eh, I'll be fine..." but the more and more I thought about it, I really did NOT want to be alone. It was very comforting to know that if the epic event occurred, someone was there. So, after working all day, she arrived with her overnight bag and we spent the evening gabbing about being pregnant, husbands and playing a horribly lame Twilight card game.
Although nothing happened (for ANOTHER WEEK...), I am beyond grateful to have such a wonderful friend to depend on. Thank you, Marissa for everything you've done for our familia over the last year! We are so lucky to have friends like you and Cookie (and of course, Kylie Marie!)
| Marissa (~9 months pregnant) with Jungle Cub |
![]() |
| Jungle Cat with Kylie Marie on her special day! |
The Jungle Cub explains:
"I am so comfortable and warm...but it is starting to get crammed in here. Eh, I'll stretch my legs right there...under Jungle Cat's ribs...yes, that is much better!"


No comments:
Post a Comment