Holiday Cheer continues! With a week left until Christmas, the Jungle Cub is welcoming all the new experiences!
The Jungle Cub explains:
"About two weeks ago we packed up as a family and made our way down to the YMCA where they were selling some trees. I wasn't quite sure why Gentle Lion was pulling MY wagon without ME in it and why we were getting a tree to put in our house since we have a few in the yard already, but I digress.
| Our first REAL Christmas Tree! |
In true Jungle Cat form, she haggled with the defenseless teenager and older man who were volunteering over a $10 difference. As usual, I was slightly embarrassed, but since it made her happy I let her go.
The next morning when I awoke, I saw a partially decorated tree in the front room. The lights were calling my name and I couldn't control myself from exploring.
![]() |
| Is anyone going to tell her that she didn't check her dress before leaving the ladies' room? |
| "The lights...they WANT to come off the tree; I must free them!" |
On the way there, Jungle Cat kept muttering something about being naughty or nice...Pu-lease...ME? Naughty? Maybe a long time ago when I was just an infant.
![]() |
| 3 Months Old |
We traveled through the mall and waited in a short line waiting to meet Jolly Ol' Saint Nick. Meanwhile, I requested to have my hair and make-up done since the paparazzi was there. I never want to be caught on the Worst Dressed List!
When I saw Santa, I wasn't afraid. Surprisingly, I was quite calm, but very observant. Who was this mysterious character? Why were all these other kids waiting to see him? But he seemed nice enough and when someone wants to take a picture with me, I can't see why I would deny them the pleasure.
Jungle Cat was standing behind the photographers making all kinds of noise and wild arm movements. She reminded me of one of those crazy pageant mothers on Toddlers & Tiaras, so I didn't pay her any attention. I was too interested in observing Santa. After the shoot, we thanked each other and off I went.
I was in an exploring mood, so we checked out the mall. I was spreading holiday cheer by eyeing up anyone that walked past me. I also visited a few stores to sing them some Christmas carols. It was a total blast getting these little legs moving and seeing all kinds of different people and places!
After we had a family lunch, we headed home and then it was time for my afternoon siesta. This time when I awoke, the tree had come alive! There were all kinds of brightly colored fragile looking things that were just begging to be bothered! I did keep my distance though admiring the tree because it was so beautiful!
Then, Gentle Lion gave me the most important job yet: putting the star on the tree! Up, up, up I went and placed the shiny and bright ornament at the very top of the tree. I felt so honored and important.
Afterwards, we just hung out and I did some sick dance moves to the Christmas music that was playing. Of course, we had to do a formal picture with the Little Red Wagon to make the whole celebration official. I really like the holiday season; what a wild time of year!"








So glad you share these precious moments with us! I love the way you write...just makes me feel the Christmas spirit! Thanks for keeping us updated!
ReplyDeleteA. Connie
OMG, Jungle Cub! I cannot get enough of your charming wit and how artfully you sprinkle it all around us via these humorous posts! You look just smashing sitting on St. Nick's knee! A classy little lady, indeed. Your mother should be proud!
ReplyDelete