Wednesday, March 14, 2012

HAPPY 90TH BIRTHDAY GGJ!!!!!!!!

Today, we celebrate a very special woman in our lives - Grandma Jeanne!!  90 years ago, she came into the world and hasn't stopped being fabulous ever since!

This past Saturday, the entire Kleinert crew celebrated the matriarch of our family.  It was such a wonderful gathering with the children, grandchildren, and one special little great-grandchild (guess who?!)  all together in good ol' Mechanicsburg.  The night was filled with good food, lots of wine, laughter and catching up.

We wish you the happiest of all birthdays, GGJ!!  Here's to 90 more!  We love you so very much!


The Jungle Cub explains:

"Over the weekend, we went on a road trip.  I got to test out my new car seat and it was relatively comfortable and much larger than my arch nemesis, the KeyFit 30.

Our first stop was to Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Bob's!  I always enjoy seeing them, although I act very shy until I warm up.  They also have a kitty named Mitzy and I chased her all throughout the house.  She just hissed at me, but I took that as an invitation to play, so I refused to leave her alone.

After we left, we headed to GGJ's party.  As usual, we were the last to arrive due to my mother's expert punctuality.  Although, I knew everyone, I still played shy burying my face into Gentle Lion's armpit.  Eventually, I decided to hang out with Nana and Grandpa because they introduced me to one of the coolest things ever - a balloon!  I ran all over screaming and laughing dragging the balloons behind me.

When I sat down for dinner, I was allowed to have the balloons as my guest.  I was excited when GGJ came to visit with me and I was able to show her how cool the balloons were.

"GGJ!  You are too funny!"
"You said there is going to be cake?!  Excellent..."
Then, we all sang that "Happy Birthday" song I heard on my special day and I noticed that GGJ had TWO candles on her cake...I only got to have one!  What a gyp!  Afterwards, I spent some quality time with my Nana who fed me yummy cheesecake.  It wasn't as delicious as the cheesecake she made at Christmas, but I didn't have any issues scarfing it down.

Post-cheesecake demonic smile

After cake, we took the traditional family photos.  Jungle Cat LOVES these pictures because she enjoys looking at the changes throughout the years.  She is so nostalgic...

Grandchildren Photo
As the evening began to wind down, I was changed into my evening wear and started to get sleepy.  Partying with this family is hard work!  We loaded back into the car and I slept most of the way home.  But, when we got in the house, I was ready to continue the celebration.  Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for Gentle Lion or Jungle Cat.  They looked tired, so I decided to be nice (just this once) and went down in my bed easily.  

The Gang's all here!
2012 Family Photo
I had such a fabulous time seeing all my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents!  I hope we can all be together again soon!  Happy Birthday GGJ!  I love you!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment