Thursday, March 17, 2011

Laundry as we've never known it

Prior to Jungle Cub's arrival, we always made sure that Sunday was laundry day.  Doing one to two loads a week was easy, especially since in our building we have to transport the laundry down to the basement and use quarters for each load ($1.50 for wash and $1.50 for dry); a vice that I have come to loathe.  Gentle Lion gets embarrassed at the looks I receive at Home Depot when I lovingly throw myself at the washer and dryers, just longing to be together.

We spent a wonderful evening with our dear friends, the Cooks (who are also welcoming their own new bambina in less than two weeks!)


Mama Cook asked me, "How often do you change PJ's clothes during the day?"  I didn't want to scare her too much that the laundry pile in a 24 hour period could quite possibly look like this (Corduroy Bear is there to illustrate the massiveness of the pile):



However, our little angel seems to enjoy quadrupling the amount of laundry we have to do on a weekly basis...or in her case bi-weekly.  The Jungle Cub explains:

"Each day I have a goal to increase the laundry pile because frankly, I just don't like my clothes.  I try to show Jungle Cat that these outfits won't do by either expelling my food on my chest or creating lovely stains on my pants.  This should clearly indicate that I want to be changed into something else, or perhaps my favorite outfit - The Birthday Suit.  I am a fashionista after all and I need to be the most stylish baby on the block; white undershirt onesies won't do!  Therefore, the only way I can convey this to my mother is to continuously destroy what I am wearing, since this should equate to the clothes being thrown away.  However, she seems to think that by doing this so-called "laundry" that I will begin to like my clothes and respect them by keeping them clean.  I won't let her wear me down...I will continue to increase the laundry pile in hopes that one day Jungle Cat will understand."

1 comment:

  1. ER is so looking forward to stalking prey with Jungle Cub in the Concrete Jungle next week! A laundry post is in my future as well... it does diminish, eventually. But while the piles are frequent and deep, it seems never-ending. Piles of dirty laundry, I mean.

    ReplyDelete