Thursday, March 24, 2011

World Traveler

Being born in the dead of winter, The Jungle Cub did not have the luxury of exploring much outside of her warm den in the early weeks of her life.  She had the occasional trip to the grocery store but we were always on a tight schedule, afraid at anytime she may start crying or have an explosion.

Our first big trip was to GGJ's (Great-Grandma Jeanne) and she was a dream.  Since then we have traveled quite a bit, including two trips to our future home in Maryland!  The Jungle Cub charmed her way into the hearts of Gentle Lion's soon-to-be co-workers, and now it is time for us to search for a new den.  I will save more details on this for a later post once we have more concrete information, so please stay tuned!

We have also traveled to see family and friends.   As usual, Jungle Cub enjoys it; she is a true entertainer always looking to be the center of attention.  One such event occurred yesterday on a spur of the moment trip to visit the Forti residence.

The Jungle Cub explains:

"On the road again...Jungle Cat is always singing this tune (or telling someone named Jack to hit the road...) when we are getting ready to go on a trip.  For the most part, I enjoy traveling.  The anticipated arrival of a new destination, a new experience with new friends.  Plus, I get some of the best sleep all cuddled up in my car seat.  I might pitch a fit going into the confined space, but once I'm there, the softness and warmth overcome me and I am at peace.

I got to meet the Forti twins, Sloane and Brenna, yesterday.  They were so tiny and sleepy; much like I was when I was a newborn.  I've grown and matured so much since then.  I tried to communicate with them, but all I got were blank stares.  Therefore I used my baby telepathy and found out that they were actually quite entertaining.  I felt so relaxed being there that I took it upon myself to destroy an outfit.  Luckily, Jungle Cat was on it and I was promptly changed.  I couldn't help it...these were my best friends and if I can't be myself around them, then what kind of friendship is this?

Aunt Lu told me of glorious things such as hidden play grounds and toys.  I have a feeling every time we visit them, it's going to be a good time.  Although I experienced some Stranger Danger when we first got there, I was able to warm up and enjoy myself.  I look forward to visiting with them again soon and hopefully we can all get a picture together."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jungle Cub! You write so eloquently! Sloane and Brenna can learn so much from you, oh Wise and Tiny One! See you on Wednesday for some culture in the big city!

    ReplyDelete