Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On Tour

We have been lucky that so many of our friends have had kids (or will be having one any day now Jamie and Marissa!!!!!!!!) at the same time that the Jungle Cub joined us.  It is, on one hand, "that age" but it is also thrilling to be able to expand on friendships from high school, college, and grad school.  Sharing entertaining stories and sometimes not-so-fun-struggles has certainly added a new dimension to a lot of our relationships.

Over the past three days, the Jungle Cub has been "On Tour" meeting some new friends and chilling with an old friend (ER is reaching her 1 year old milestone in two weeks, plus we've already had two outings with her).  PJ is going to have more friends than I do if we keep up this pace!

The Jungle Cub explains:

"Being on tour is great!  I have been to three new places and made some great friends.  It's always exciting meeting someone new, although I am having some slight Stranger Danger if I can't see my parents.  But once I warm up, I can talk my new friend's ear off since they haven't heard my stories or jokes yet.  Personally, I love hearing myself talk, so I can only imagine that everyone else feels the same.

My first stop on tour was meeting KDAWG and her mom.  They bought me a stunning dress that I can't wait to wear!  Mrs. T took a ton of pictures of us, so I'm sure next time I'm over, I can autograph one for her.



The following day, we headed into the Big City and hung out with Ami and Aryan.  Except for HenBot, Aryan is the only other boy I've met.  He was pretty handsome and VERY flirty.  I played hard-to-get because I didn't want him to get the wrong idea right off the bat.  He is a little older at 6 months, so his maturity level is there and he's almost ready to crawl.  I was observing this intently since Gentle Lion had told me a while ago that he couldn't WAIT until I started crawling (Jungle Cat did not correct him and decided to let him find out on his own how taxing this will be).  


Our last stop on tour was at the Philadelphia Art Museum with ER and her Mama, Farbie.  I liked the art, but found it more stimulating when I was sleeping.  I heard Jungle Cat and Farbie having very intelligent conversations about Renoir, Degas, Picasso...they are so cultured.  ER is a riot and is always trying to get my attention.  I try to communicate with her through baby telepathy, but being a 1 year old, she seems to be more interested in speaking out loud.  Eh, I'll get there.


Life is pretty sweet and I enjoy being around so many fun friends.  I wonder if Gentle Lion and Jungle Cat would considering getting me my own iPhone so I can keep in touch with everyone??"


No comments:

Post a Comment