The weekend is almost done, but for me, my appreciation for weekends has changed. My treasured friend Farbie, a new stay-at-home mommy as well, had an interesting observation after I wished her a good weekend...The weekend days we have spent a majority of our lives cherishing really aren't too different from the last two days we just had and won't be too different from the two days ahead of us. It's as if taking care of the Jungle Cub has become a continuous weekend, and I am really starting to like it that way.
I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to stay home with PJ. She is so full of laughter and smiles, which naturally results in Gentle Lion and me constantly laughing and smiling as well; a pretty nice situation to be in if I do say so myself.
But it is the weekend nonetheless, and of course we must treat it that way! Poor Gentle Lion (getting over a nasty cold...first one in years!) was on-call Friday and Sunday so unfortunately we didn't get to spend a lot of time together as a familia. Therefore, the Jungle Cub and I made it a girls' weekend which entailed a lovely afternoon walk, visit to the pediatrician, lunch with mommy-to-be Marissa, and a lazy Sunday watching Golden Girls, The Nanny and the Harry Potter marathon.
The Jungle Cub explains:
"On Friday, I experienced fresh air again. This time it was warm and extremely enjoyable. I passed out again during our walk, but when we got home, Jungle Cat took me out of my carriage. We walked around looking at trees and the crazy fat-assed squirrels that live at 1 Montgomery as the breeze blew through my luscious locks of hair.
Saturday morning I woke up and Jungle Cat started picking at my face...I hate when she does this, but as the tissue came towards my eye, I saw some green goopy slim. My eye was watering and a little crusty, but it wasn't bothering me too much. However, being the cautious den mother she is, we went to the pediatrician and I have a clogged tear duct; Jungle Cat kept saying something about pink eye...thankfully I don't have that because I'm more of a fuchsia girl myself! Now, not only am I being stabbed in the eye with a tissue, but I have slimy ointment being put on my beautiful lashes 3 times a day! It's a curse being so beautiful!
But the highlight of the day was spending time with my inter-utero friend, Kylie Cook. She's supposed to be here by the end of the month, so it'll be cool to finally meet her instead of communicating through our baby telepathy. I wonder with the super moon if she'll show up today?
Alright, I hear the 'Thank you for being a friend' jingle starting again so I best be off!"
Your posts are so great! PJ is adorable (just like her mommy!)
ReplyDelete