Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Could it be true? Food...is that really you??

Today marked yet another milestone - the introduction of solids!  Well, as solid as soupy rice cereal can get.  The Jungle Cub was all over it and the rice cereal was all over her!

The Jungle Cub explains:

"The jealousy has ceased!  I was finally able to taste real food!  For the last week, I was expressing my interest by grabbing Jungle Cat's glass when she was drinking water.  I think she finally got the hint and gave me some rice cereal today at the dinner table.


It was an interesting sensation and I was trying to learn how to swallow. However, it was more fun to spit it out all over my shirt.  I kept trying to assist Jungle Cat with the spoon but she kept my arms down and I guess that was more helpful.


Tomorrow we get to try it again and perhaps I will create a goal to keep more in my mouth than on my shirt!  Overall, it was a successful feeding and I am finally edging my way to participate in family dinners."

Yes, that is cereal all over her chin...I am so proud!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute. . . I love how she props her feet up on the table!
    Congrats on the baby Tarah. . . I never get on here so I was so out of the loop. . . . Hope you had a great 1st Mother's Day and love every moment!!!!
    BK

    ReplyDelete