Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gentle Lion Turns 30!

Today the love of my life and wonderful father of Jungle Cub turned the monumental age of 30!  This is the twelfth birthday we have spent together as a couple (**Jungle Cat longingly looks off into the distance reminiscing about how it feels like only yesterday they were freshmen in college, so young, so in love...luckily I'M still young (I'll be turning 29 again this year) and of course still madly in love)  This is also the first time for little PJ to experience a lit candle and my beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday", which I know that Gentle Lion looks forward to each year as well.

It is very difficult to buy Gentle Lion a present.  It's not that he's picky, he's actually quite the opposite and that makes it even harder to figure out what to get him.  However, I do know his weakness.  It comes in the form of whoopie pies...a while ago, I had found a book totally devoted to making all different flavors of whoopie pies.  Personally, I find them disgusting, but he loves them and after all it was his birthday.  So yesterday, the Jungle Cub and I went undercover and began making one of Gentle Lion's favorite whoopie pies: Banana with Cream Cheese filling.

yorkblog.com


The Jungle Cub explains:

"Yesterday, we ventured out in the stroller again.  It was spectacular, so much so that I drifted off to sleep.  I awoke in the grocery store where Jungle Cat was gathering supplies to make something delicious for Gentle Lion.  I was the talk of the store...so many people commented on my cuteness and one guy told me I was a 'show stopper'.  I wasn't sure what this meant, but I heard Jungle Cat murmuring on the way back something about getting an agent and commercials...

When we arrived home, I wanted to be involved in Jungle Cat's project.  I threw a fit until I was placed securely in the Bjorn so I could participate.  Perhaps a drop of drool or sneeze would be needed to add flavor.  We worked diligently sifting flour, blending butter and sugar, and making a super sweet cream cheese frosting.  Jungle Cat actually dumped an entire box of confectioner's sugar in the bowl!  How exciting!  But then I got bored and fell asleep again.  When I came to, all the supplies were gone...Jungle Cat had hidden everything!  Sneaky sneaky!

Today, after our Tuesday with Nana, we completed the project.  Jungle Cat kept looking at her recipe book and then the amount of scoops on the pan.  She was confused as to why the book said 15 whoopie pies and she only had six.  Well, regardless it smelled just heavenly and combined with the whoopie's Nana got for Gentle Lion, we created a beautiful display.

Pumpkin (left), Banana (center), Red Velvet (right)


When Gentle Lion walked through the door, he was so surprised that he devoured one right on the spot! They were a hit!  Happy Birthday Daddy!"

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I LOVE Jungle Cub's writing style! She is soooo funny and so very observant for a 3-month old...Happy Birthday Gentle Lion! Hope you enjoyed your birthday "whoopie!"

    ReplyDelete