Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Eggstravaganza

Moments before that plant was ripped from the ground.
Sorry, Uncle Frank...
This past weekend marked the Jungle Cub's first official holiday celebration, and what a marathon it was!  Although, she was here at Christmas, it wasn't the typical holiday for us being that PJ was only 4 days old. Therefore, Easter weekend contained a lot of great 'firsts' for the Jungle Cub.

The Jungle Cub explains:

"I noticed that the Jungle Cat was under some duress Friday evening.  She was bustling around packing bags and doing dishes.  In the morning, she and Gentle Lion loaded up my Nap Nanny, my Bumbo, a couple chew toys, diapers, a few outfits, a breast pump, ni-ni's, plus all kinds of things for my parents.  It was quite amazing how it all fit in the trunk of our totally cool Jeep (It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand...) and then we were off!

It didn't seem like a long time in the car, but that's because I slumbered the entire way.  When we arrived, I heard Jungle Cat get excited to see her cousins, which I understand are my cousins as well.




Sherry and Jessie held me and I just loved it!  I don't get a lot of attention at home, so it was nice to be the star of the show for a little.

It smelled just delicious and I saw everyone working together to get everything set for Easter Dinner.  But as usual, I just had to sit there and watch everyone eat delectable items.  So, I decided to pitch a fit.  However, it didn't last long...Jungle Cat wrapped me in my softest blanket and I was out like a light.  When I finally came to, we opened presents (some awesome new outfits!) and then did an egg hunt.



Gentle Lion carried me around the yard as Jungle Cat collected some eggs.  I am looking forward to next year when I can gather the eggs myself...Jungle Cat was moving slower than snail.  I tried to encourage her to do some high elbows and would point out hidden eggs, but she wasn't understanding my cues.  Next year Jimmy and Jessie are going down!


After we emptied our eggs (we got a whole $4!), we traveled to see the twins.  And then I saw him...Greyson Mayberry from Virginia.  Just two months older, we had so much in common.  We both hung out on the gymini.  I was just fascinated with him and kept trying to show him how I could roll.  Gentle Lion came into the room and had a disapproving look on his face...he didn't seem to mind when I was laying with the girls...did it have something to do with the fact that Greyson was a boy?  


After visiting for a bit, my parents looked exhausted and I was feeling a little run down myself.  So we headed back to Aunt Charlotte's only to see my cousins packing up to leave.  I am glad I finally got to meet them considering Sherry has made me so many cool things!  

I was so tired that I did stay up for a little just talking to myself and eventually fell asleep.  The next morning, I got to spend some good quality time with Aunt Charlotte.  She showed me how she played games on Facebook and just cuddled me for hours.


Then around lunchtime, we headed over to see GGJ.  It was nice because Aunt Connie, Uncle Lee, Cousin Kyle, Uncle Ken, Aunt Jodi, Sarah & Molly and Jodi's parents were also there!  GGJ gave me the coolest basket that she said she made when SHE was little.  It is awesome!


AND, we were on the road again to visit Uncle Frank, Aunt Debi and cousin Eric.  Nana and Grandpa were there, along with Great MomMom and Great PopPop. 





 I was subjected to watching everyone eat AGAIN but Nana took me for walks around outside and then we did a photo shoot.  She always knows what I need!  But after a while, I was spent and just had to let everyone know about it.  Soon, we were in the car and in no time, I was plopped in the tub, fed, and fast asleep.

I enjoyed my weekend and seeing my family!  It's nice to be so loved!"





1 comment:

  1. Nana has a special burp cloth on her shoulder I see!!! I'm glad Jungle Cub had such a positive Easter experience :)

    ReplyDelete