Usually, our darling Jungle Cub has no trouble going to sleep. But, as I've mentioned before, she sometimes channels another character and shows her true vocal range which will echo down the hallway. Tonight was one of those nights. I knew she was tired since her afternoon siesta was much shorter than usual and I woke her up in an early-evening-slumped-in-the-highchair-because-I'm-bored nap. Therefore, when it was bedtime, Jungle Cub was quite the hellion.
The Jungle Cub explains:
| The inspiration for the song "Rump Shaker" |
"Tonight, I was tired but I didn't FEEL like going to sleep. Jungle Cat is such a buzz kill. After I ate and read a story, she put me in my bed but I was still in the mood to party. She plopped my ni-ni in my mouth and had the audacity to leave me in there ALONE. Ohhh...well...I don't think so...
I went to the depths of my diaphragm and let her know EXACTLY how I was feeling. She came in a few times and just gave me the pacifier again, rubbed my back and walked away. Why didn't she get it that I wanted to hang out with Gentle Lion?
Then, I heard the pitter patter of my father's paws on the floor. He was sneaky...Jungle Cat was in the restroom doing her nightly routine. Our eyes met and I could see his heart melt in my time of need. Unlike my cruel mother, Gentle Lion scooped me up into his strong and loving arms. I immediately stopped crying because I got my way. But then, Gentle Lion made a mistake...he carried me over to Jungle Cat showing his vulnerability and true love for me.
She looked at me and then at him. Her eyes expressed severe disappointment in my father...she even told him to put me down! How much more evil can she get!? He abided with a wounded look on his face.
I cried and cried waiting for him again, but he never came. I think Jungle Cat made him sit in the corner to think over what he had done. Is it really that bad to spoil your only baby?"
LOL...my cruel mother...LOL! Poor Gentle Lion :)
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious! So Brad!
ReplyDelete